Alphabet Trace-and-Assemble Wooden Board
Sustainable, eco-friendly and Singapore-designed (exclusively to Wild & Wonder)
We absolutely love our alphabet board. Instead of limiting our alphabet boards to help children learn and create CVC words, these simple but beautiful wooden alphabet boards are designed to be so versatile and adaptable based on the child's age! There are two perfectly angled grooves for you to insert flashcards or our Wildlife ABC Wooden Flashcards for kids to reference to!
- For 0-2 years old: Babies can use the individual alphabet blocks to do sensory play (fill them with fun materials rice / beans. It easily transforms learning their ABC's into a fun and unique experience, and by exposing them to letters when they are young, it would help them in their letter recognition.
- For 3-5 years old: When they grow older, they
- can trace our alphabet board with their fingers at first and then move on to using a brush or wooden stick - great for tactile learners who learn best through touch!.
- For 4-6 years old, this board can be placed vertically to help children learn how to combine letters to create consonant, vowel and constant words (Consonant, Vowel, Consonant) words in a fun and inviting way. A simple and visual way to help kids learn how to combine letters to crate consonant, vowel and constant words. The vowels are specially designed to be made of a different wood (American cherry wood) so that it stands out from the rest of the consonants (made of European beech wood) and there is also a slot for you to insert flashcards to help guide your child in piecing words together!
- For children older, they can even turn the board horizontally and piece together up to 3 (5 letters or less) words!
This set includes:
- 1 beech wood board (unfinished). Optional add-on for finishing for board available. Note that finishing is only applicable to board, and not the alphabet blocks.
- 26 lower case alphabet blocks (kept in our Wild & Wonder linen bag). We've just added an optional add-on for additional set of alphabet blocks (+$30). This way, your little one can spell words that require two of the same letters. Comes in standard finishing (vowels are finished whereas consonants are not, in order to make the vowels stand out)
- Dimensions of board: 32 x 20 x 1.2 cm
- Dimensions of alphabet blocks: 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.2 cm
- Board and consonants alphabet blocks are made from beech wood and unfinished (you may request for a finishing on the board only with food-grade oil at additional $5)
- Vowels alphabet blocks are made from cherry wood and finished with Tried-and-True Original Wood Finish (polymerized linseed oil and beeswax)
- Natural and eco friendly, organic and safe.
- Designed by us, lovingly handcrafted